субота, 7. фебруар 2015.

REVIEW: The Boys of Summer (Summer #1) by C.J. Duggan.

Read from July 17 to 19, 2014

This is my first book that I'm reading from an Australian author (or maybe not? I think it is), anyway C.J. Duggan is one really good writer, I would lie if I tell that I didn't like this book, this is one really perfect book for summer, with romance, fun and all other summer things, I loved it! I'm coming back for more! <3

                                                                 STORY

Boy, oh Boy. First thing that I loved about this book is that everything went slow, I hate when I start reading romance book and two MC's after 'chapter 2' start kissing or telling "I love you", I mean "COME ON? it's too fast."
Getting to know Tess and her ex-douchebag boyfriend and his jerk friend and what they done to her in school... I was mad at those boys, bullying and everything. But you know I liked this girl from the start, and her two friends Adam and Ellie. Many things happen after summer comes and school's out. Three friends planned to work at Onslow hotel, but 'something' happens to Adam and he got grounded and sent in city to granny, that got Tess pretty worried because she wanted to work with both of them. Real fun begins when Tess and Ellie 'meet' the Onslow Boys, especially when Tess dream boy come true and all of a sudden she is talking with her crush from years ago and with his friends. They really have so much fun. It was so interesting. The Onslow boys are awesome, I love you Stan, Sean, Ringer, Toby and we could add grumpy Chris there too. I like that you know, nothing happened between Tess and Toby while he still had his bitchy girlfriend Angela, and I liked that kiss happened close to the end and then some more drama. I mostly like this book because it wasn't all 'DRAMA' written on it, because I kinda hate books with too much drama. This book just got everything right and everything was as I like, it was funny read, full of romance, partying, working, spending summer with friends, enjoying free time, getting here and there heart broken, fight with friend... ahh and so on. BEST SUMMER EVER!

                                                           CHARACTERS

My favorite part, this book really had some good characters. Let's start with Tess, I mean GIRL, she was totally different person after summer ended, damn girl, and of course in a good way. Before she met Onslow boys, she was a shadow, shy person, wearing things 'to not be recognized', bullied by her jerk of ex-boyfriend, but after she met boys, she totally started to be herself, work in the hotel, then later with her parents too, still she was at the start a bit shy, but she started to like her new friends, started to wear what she likes and she started to 'melt down' and be someone, because she isn't no one (Thanks mostly to Toby that helped her to see that), she is one pretty great person and she was one pretty good character. I loved this character, and this is a surprise, because mostly I hate a little MC's, but she, I couldn't hate this girl. Then there's, Adam, LOL-ing all around, this guy is SO FUNNY, I like when author adds some fun in romance books, and he totally made me laugh, so hard (Heads up: He goes to city to 'visit' granny but he comes back XD). Ellie I didn't like so much at the start, not a fan of her, and I have hate/love relationship with this character, But, you know me, at the end, I liked her too. Stars of this book, The Onslow boys, they just made my summer even hotter. Toby was really really good and I loved moments with him and Tess and I liked this guy, he was decent, good, sexy (they all are XD), funny... ahh Toby. Then, Sean, ok one of my favorites, this guy is good with making jokes and talkative and again good, all boys are good. Ringer, ok, we didn't got so much of Ringer and I kinda hated that, he have a girlfriend Amanda, but I expected more of him, maybe in next books. At the end, ohh Stan, another good guy who starts going out and making out with Ellie and of course he is good too. No, no, I totally forgot Chris, this grumpy boy, at the start he was all 'closed-up' and boss-y, but later we get to know him a bit, he is not all that, he's good too, but again I want to know more. LOL Also, there's Uncle Eric, Amy, Claire, Rosanna... and on.

I think characters of this book is what made this book this good to me, I totally loved every each of them (ok expect bitchy Angela, her friends, Scott (Tess's ex) and his friends) and even those that I hated made this story and book what it is. A good summer read, romance book. You'll have so much fun with this book guys, maybe you will not love it like I did, but you can't hate it, it's just that you simply can't hate Onslow boys. :P

RECOMMENDATION: If you are looking for nice summer read, one romance book, with funny moments, good characters, good story, then you found it, you found everything in this book. Check it out, it's really GOOOOOOOOOOD. (:

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар