недеља, 8. фебруар 2015.

REVIEW: Elixir by Ted Galdi

Read from June 17 to 18, 2014

*I got this book free from author to rate/review*

Elixir is Ted Galdi's first novel and now me after reading it, I can't wait to see what he will come up with next. This book is beyond good. I loved it!

This book was really something!

I divided this book in three parts and I will review it like that. (I will not do whole recap of the book, I will just say some important [but not all] things that happened, but those are just some little parts, you should read this amazing book for more!) :)
Let's start:

First Part - Start of the book is mostly everything to me, if it starts good, I'm in for a ride, if not, it gets hard to get drown in the story. But I liked whole introduction to Sean, smart 14-year old kid with IQ 250, loved his Aunt, his friend Kyle, then Professor Steven. Problem starts when he resolves something no one on earth ever could and then some things happens... he gets himself in danger and needs to fake his death (and his Aunt too), and they get help from one really good man Peter. Many things happen in this first part of the book. Be prepared!

Second Part - This was my least favorite part, I mean only couple of pages of 'Four years later' part (after faking his death). His name is now James (but I will use Sean forward), and he have 18 years now. I really didn't like seeing him I don't know, doing graffiti, drinking... it was kinda boring, one other part I wanted to see, what's happening with Aunt Mary, we find out later. Also, here he meets a girl, Natasha, how they meet, I will not tell. One more thing, he have friend here, new one, Fabrizio, they do graffiti together. ^_^ That should be it, this was just that new start in Italy, and I kinda lost it, because all those 4 years before Italy, it was just like nothing, and I didn't like that, I wanted to know what happened in those four years, but later I totally forgot about this little part and when we get to know most of the things now about Italy, Aunt Mary and his new identity, what they are doing and all, it gets better!

Third Part (I was blown away!) - This is the BIG part of this book, when Natasha gets sick and he makes a formula to cure her (he found most of the formula from the site of one big Facility that do those things, he hacked from their site. They made some mistakes, but he resolved everything after some hours of thinking.), now he needs to make a cure, then problems start, when he gets back in US, then he and Steven looks for chemical things for cure and everything after that is just WOW, getting kidnapped (and whose work is that, come on, guess? :P), everything that happens on that little trip... I was just like reading and reading and I couldn't stop. End was really good and I like how this book ended. At one moment, I really though it wouldn't end well, but it's good that it ended with how I should say "Happily Ever After" for Sean and Natasha.  

My favorite quote from this book:
"I think if we have something inside of us that's... put there by nature for a reason. We shouldn't repress it. We should listen to what it's saying and not care too much about the consequences."

Almost forget, while reading this book, I got all this thinking and imagining about how cool movie would look based on this book, I really hope it happens one day, I totally would go and watch it.

RECOMMENDATION: Everyone who likes good mystery/thriller book, should give this book a try, and even if you don't read books of this type, let this one be a first for you. I know book is not yet released, but when it hits stores, run to the nearest one and get this thrillingly-good book!

I want to say Thank you to Tom for giving me free e-book and you did a great job with your firstborn (LOL), keep up! I really can't wait to read more books from you! :)

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар